Sunday, October 31, 2010

Blog #10

I thought that Dan Brown's tactics are a little outrageous. Even if the the schooling was getting in the way of education, companies look for diploma's and degrees. they look for schooling. In this time, it will be harder for Dan Brown to get a high paying job over some one who as been schooled. Overall, i thought the blog was good. Most of the time in history classes i just get the review sheet and look everything up on Wikipedia and it would be a lot faster than actually looking the terms up in the book. I do think that technology should be intergraded into classes more than they are. Learning things on the internet can add a diversity of ways to learn unlike the traditional classroom.

In Daniel Pink's video, he leaves us with two questions: "What is my sentence" and "Was I better today than yesterday?". I think that these are very good questions that invoke a lot of thinking. They help up unclutter our very cluttered life. I am not sure what my sentence is but i tend to believe that i am better than i was yesterday.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Samuel, I agree with you about the Dan Brown video. I do not believe that the best decision is to drop out of school. Yes, we still use the same ways of teaching as educators used hundreds of years ago but the outcome of getting a job is way better with a college education then without one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why then are you paying so much money for your instructors?

    ReplyDelete